Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Store Closing

Today one of my all time favorite stores closed.
Rabbit Store.
Rabbit Store is closed for business.
Rabbit Store was a game that Ev and I played with her little Calico Critters set.
We had a house with rabbits, and a General Store and one of our favorite things to do was to sit down in her room in the afternoon and play...Rabbit Store. You know, where the Mama Rabbit decides she needs stuff and goes shopping- over and over again.
It really was the nicest little store and the proprietor, a rabbit named Peach, was the spirit of generosity and fun.
And today, my daughter decided that she was just a bit too old for that doll house and the store.
And today, my heart is a bit sad as I think about those quiet afternoons playing Rabbit Store being all over.
Of course I am happy to see her grow and change and of course we have other special things we do together.
But...
But.
But.
I was not ready for this.
I knew it was coming and I AM the one that blithely brought the subject up this morning. She hasn't even touched that dollhouse or store for weeks and weeks- months really and I thought it would take her almost a year to be ready to put it away. I thought we would have a few more trips to the store together.
But a few weeks ago, she asked me to play Rabbit Store and, I didn't have the time.
I didn't play with her that last time.
I didn't know it would be the last chance.
It was, and that is what has me in an emotional mess today.
I missed that opportunity with her and now she is on to bigger things.
I just have to keep telling myself that I only ever said no about 2 times, including that last one, so there is that.

2 comments:

  1. This killed me!
    MoMO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michal, wish you could be out here with Les Lori and I. We had some greatr laughs. Lots of laughs about Jay Love and Elise. "Jay is it Saturday" hehe. Wish yoou and kids were here.

    Rafe

    ReplyDelete