Tuesday, December 18, 2012

They Put The "Monkey" In Monkey Swing


In his ongoing attempt to drive me to the edge of my sanity, Leslie installed a monkey swing for the kids. Then immediately got them hooked on swinging as heart stoppingly high as they could. I'm not kidding, they are like little junkies. Liam especially likes to lay back real far and close his eyes like he's at a Spa or something. I just stay inside and drink while they are on it. They won't even listen when I dare to choke out a suggestion that they wear helmets, NO!, they laugh at me and just keep swinging.
Daredevils.
Now I look back and remember the many times my mom would gasp, "JACK!" and we would all say, "OH! Mo-ooom!" Poor. Poor worried Moms. They just stand there chewing their nails and planning trips to the E.R. while everyone else is having a grand time.

I may start with holding Molasses Cookies.





No comments:

Post a Comment