Saturday, March 17, 2012

The First and the Eighth




Today was March 17th- a big day around here normally, what with our Irish showing and the fact that it is the anniversary of our referral for Ev.
This year, we added in something else pretty cool, it was Ev's first ever Gymnastics Competition! She did wonderfully! I am so proud of her, not because she actually got ribbons and a metal and helped her team to a trophy. Nope, I am busting with pride because that girl was scared to death, she has been all week, and after a huge meltdown earlier in the week at practice, I had no idea how today would play. You know what? She walked right out there and jumped in. That is what makes me the most proud- she was afraid, but she trusted us, relied on her coaches and went for it. All of that other stuff is just icing on the cake.
If you have never been to a gymnastic meet, let me tell you, it is long (4.5 hours long today), a bit boring unless your kid is doing something, a bit chaotic, hard to film and absolutely wonderful. In the video above, it's my fault that the bar routine is out of focus, I had to hold the camera over my head and hope for the best as there was about a ton of apparatus between us and The Flying Bean. On the balance beam, I love how she kind of forgot her routine and you can see her talking away to Miss Gemma- that part was just like it is week after week in practice (she is usually quite a bit more steady on the beam though but her nerves were getting the best of her).

Also today marks 8 years since her little face burst into my heart and life. Eight years.
Wow.
What can I say about this marvelous little creature that hops about my life giggling and making every single thing better just because she is there?
I love her and I am so proud of the person that she is.

3 comments:

  1. Ev was amazing! So much fun to watch her she really seemed to be having fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome! So happy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh what a wonderful job she did and what a good mommy for taking the pics. Tell her Congrats! vicky

    ReplyDelete