Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Hog Wallow Kind of Lunch

Liam was due for some immunizations today. Imagine the fun that we had.
To make up for the rushed morning and the sore legs, I took him out for grilled meat.
We went to 5 Guys. I love this place but I am really glad that they play horrible music at ear splitting levels because that keeps my visits there to a minimum.
I have been trying really super duper hard to be a better Mom.  You know, more patience, more even tones, the kind of Mom that will look at a horrible spill and say "oh you silly kids let's clean it up." Let's just say that my normal reaction to a big hairy spill looks something like a cross between Sam Kennison and well, the cold fury Denzel Washington has in that movie Out of Time, but I digress...
You know how when you are trying for more patience, you get all of this extra stuff in your face just to see if you're gonna snap. The ultimate cosmic neener neener?
Yes. There were messes. Spills. Globs and Gaums.
Ev tipped over her little ketchup basket.
Liam spilled a medium sized water on himself.
Liam smeared mustard on every body part God saw fit to give him.
Liam dumped his entire cut up hot dog into his lap.
Ev decided it would be fun to take her hot dog out of the bun and sort of fondle it.
Somehow there was a piece of peanut in Liam's ear.
And you know what?
I held myself together.
I actually laughed at them.
We all laughed together.
It was nice. Better.
We all came home and cleaned up.
There cosmos.
Neener neener to you. I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment