Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's Going On


  • Well, I am on day three without Ev. The days are ok, it's the good night calls that get me. Each night I get a bit more sad than the last. By Saturday I will be a blubbering mess when she calls. It's so hard to be without my sweet girl.
  • Ev is having a blast with Aunt Jenny and Co.- that helps alleviate my sadness. 
  • Liam is chugging along. He has about 5 words he uses now! Of course no one outside of his immediate family can tell, but they are there. He has also figured out bits of our routine and he is starting to relish them. Bedtime is easier now, wayyyy easier and I hope this continues.
  • Beng separated from Ev is having an effect on him. Not something that I would notice if I were busy, just a few little things. Like last night he thought that he and I were getting into the car and Papa wasn't, and he freaked. He walks sadly about her empty room about once a day. He had some cries and snuffles in his sleep last night. Oh- and in the bookstore last night he wanted ma and Papa and Liam all in the same space- no one wandering, the separateness was a bit freaky to him right now.
  • We have a house in New Jersey. Yes we do. The hunt (rental) nearly killed me but we are very satisfied with the place we got and I will be sending the lease and deposit out later on today. 
  • The move timeframe is narrowing down and it looks like we might pull out the week of June 13, nothing is final yet.
  • Tomorrow is the anniversary of Ev's referral.
  • I am excited and thrilled about going back to the ocean while, at the same time, my heart hurts to get so far away from family and friends again.
  •  It just dawned on me that I didn't abuse the babysitters nearly enough while I had them!
  • I haven't seen the sun since we sat in it for a couple of hours in Kentucky on Sunday. 
  • I just mentioned to Liam that we were gonna go bye-bye and now he is putting his hat and coat on- over his pajama's. So I guess I am done here. Man will he be disappointed to learn that he has to wait until I shower! 
  • Oh yeah, one more thing. That picture above is Ev and Liam at the Courthouse, Downtown. That means that Liam is all official-like with a social security number all his own,  the official "re-adoption" is completed and Ohio birth certificates are on the way. It only took me 7 months. 

1 comment: