Friday, March 18, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday was fun- even though we were missing our most fascinating and dynamic person. Yes it was.
We opened the windows wide and enjoyed to warm sunny weather. We walked in the park sporting our Irish Wear. We ate dinner at a local Pub. We went and hung out with CND and KL- you know that cool couple that can boast of having a Subterranean Suburban Lounge.


Yesterday was also the 6 year anniversary of Ev's referral. I have been thinking about that and pondering it in my heart. Six years. It was a bit hard to have her so far away on that day. We don't really ever do anything about it. I look at it as being a terribly sad day for her and I think that day is more about what took place for me and in my heart. I knew I had just met my daughter. She, however, met complete strangers and she was scared. But I do like to have her close and hold her long thin frame and think about the way she felt when I first grabbed her to me. Back then she felt like a small fragile bird, hardly more than a dream. And when I hold her these days she feels like a live wire, a bit of hot electricity- all muscles and movement and go go go.
I love talking to her on the phone at night. Hearing that sweet voice travel across the miles and fill me in on her day. I love that no matter where she is , she is just Ev. Contrary and strong and sweet and energetic and hot, she is always hot,  that one. But I know that I will cry when we hug again after this long week of separation and she will look at me and say, "Are you really going to cry right now?" and I will say , "yes, yes I am" and she will tolerate me and my unseemly display but be secretly pleased and happy that I care so much and can show her.

Yesterday I spent the day with a sweet little boy who is blooming right before my eyes. We danced and sang. We ran in the park along a river and he had many, many things to show me and to talk about. yesterday I realized that it has, indeed been the hardest winter of my life but oh so worth it. I realized that even though we have all missed Ev, Liam has needed a patch of time where it was just him. Him and us and getting to know him in a way that is hard to accomplish when you are busy with two and homeschooling and all those other things.



Yesterday was good.

1 comment:

  1. oh this post totally warmed my heart!! so funny, it reminded me of when E first slept in her big girl room and told ME not to cry!

    glad things are going so well with your little man.

    ReplyDelete