Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Outtakes

This year I am on the ball. No hurried photos in front of a generic tree. No rushed photo session at the tree farm. No sirree.
I took advantage of a nice, sunny afternoon here on the Cape and we went a-picturing. At the beach. In full sun. A nice bright flawless November sun. You know, the kind that makes you all squinty. I am just fabulous like that.
The day we got pictures was actually the second day I forced us all into red shirts and a faux Christmas Spirit. (The first day was ok at the house but like the surface of Mars at the shore) Any of you with kids out there know this: when you want/need your kids to cooperate and be a team player- they just won't. Or can't. Or are allergic to said familial cooperation.
Well, I am just saying this because if you get a card from us and we all look squinty? It's Leslie's fault as he said, and I quote, "You just can't put us through that again".
Wuss.
Ah well. I DID have a secret weapon to combat Father Sun in the close ups but we would have  needed at least another complete and cooperative adult to work a certain prop for the full family shot.
So yeah.
It will be Merry Christmas from the Squinty McSquintersons.
But my cards are done!
YES!!!
Now I can sit back and laugh and be all superior when my sister is freaking out about hers on oh say... December 20th.




1 comment:

  1. oohh.. the pressure is on!! I'll make sure my are done by the 19th Thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete