Sunday, November 6, 2011

Li-AAAAMMM

And so Liam is three.
I can not believe how fast time is slipping by us with this little guy.
Last year at this time he was still recovering from his palate repair and though he had a birthday party, he didn't seem to realize what was going on, and he didn't seem to remember it.
This year he was all prepped and ready, thanks to a sister that had him on a count down for about a month.
I can't really describe my emotions as my son sat on his father's lap opening presents the he knew were for him. I can't begin to tell you how my heart grew and grew as I watched him, time after time, open a gift and look at it, then lay his little hand against his chest and softly proclaim, "Me!".
We were surrounded by family. His Now and Forever Family but thoughts of his birth mother did creep in and leave me a bit saddened. I think, in our situation, it's normal and ok for someone to be a bit sad on these days. I just let the kids enjoy themselves and I think my quiet thoughts in the midst of the paper ripping and the cake eating.
He blew out his own candles- which is a huge thing for a little boy born with an open palate. He ate his cake. He ran off with his loot.
It was, I think, just the perfect little day for a boy such as he.

He is my Moosh. My soft baby. The boy who loves to be cooed over. The child that will get on your lap and roll about endlessly like a restless, slightly aggressive teddy bear.
These days he plays so hard and is, at last, comfortable with sleep so he will go for a nap gratefully and wake up all red cheeked and meek and willing to sit on your lap for as long as you let him. He loves to run and jump and fight. He loves his guns and cars.
He loves his big sister to distraction and she is his whole Universe, the rest of us are just here to provide wound care and transportation (grin). He is trying so hard to learn to communicate with us. He is a part of us now and I really, truly wouldn't have it any other way.





No comments:

Post a Comment