Sunday, January 8, 2012

How I See It Now

"I am not embarrassed to tell you that I believe in miracles."
-Corazon Aquino


After you experience a miracle in your life, you will find that it is very difficult to attempt to "get back to normal". If your life happens to be blessed with something that you view as a miracle, you find that suddenly what you once saw as normal isn't quite the same thing anymore. 



How do you go about your life living and breathing in profoundly unexceptional ways and yet pay tribute to the absolute gift that was given to you?


How do you ever look at the people in your life the same again?


"I think miracles exist in part as gifts and in part as clues that there is something beyond the flat world we see."
-Peggy Noonan




I am not complaining. It is a wonderful thing to be facing, this shift in reality, this realization of fragility and love.
It's just that you want to deserve it.
It's that you need to be able to see it for what it is, or was, or continues to be so that you don't loose it.


“The universe is big, its vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. And that's the theory. Nine hundred years, never seen one yet, but this would do me." (The Doctor) 
 Steven Moffat


I fully believe that my nephew is alive because of a miracle. I am a very careful person when it comes to spiritual things. I play my cards close to my chest and it is very rare to find me talking about religion or my own personal beliefs in God. I do know when I have seen a miracle though, especially when it is one of a medical nature because those are accompanied by Doctors doing dances of joy at a loved ones bedside without having the "doc shop talk" to explain it. Besides, I know what my heart tells me.



I think we are given miracles so we can stop for a moment and see beyond the everyday. I think we are given miracles so we try,  just a bit harder each day to remember the way we were blessed and thus become more than we were. In the moment of the miracle, we are known, as individuals, by something far greater than our minds can comprehend. We become aware of the intimacy that a mortal man can have with the Divine. We, for a split second, are given an answer to the eternal question- "Are you there?"

I think this is why we are given miracles,not so we feel guilt or a heavy burden or a drive to deserve them.


"And now we step to the rhythm of miracles." 
-Aberjhani


The answer comes at you a million fold. "Yes. I am here. And I see you."
 In our hearts then, as we struggle to understand the mind of Divinity, as we focus on this thing that was given to us, we allow that door between us and  God/Infinity/ The Universe  to be left open a crack. We become the possibility of other miracles. We are given the device which may allow us to forever see the miracles that happen in our everyday lives.


The way your child smiles, the way your husband loves you, the beating, ineffable heart of your family...The sun, the moon, the Higgs Boson particle, chocolate, a cold Coke on a hot afternoon, the smell of the ocean...we are given so many miracles and we look past them so often that it takes something huge to shake us out of our blindness.


Every once in awhile, if you are lucky, you have the chance to see beyond the veil.

And then you can't stop seeing them. The Miracles. The miracles that swirl about and touch your life and make you better and brighter if you let them.

And that's all that is required I think. To see and to know and to allow...for the possibility of more.

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” 
 Albert Einstein


No comments:

Post a Comment