Thursday, January 5, 2012

Two Years? Really?

On January 5, 2010 we got a phone call on a snowy afternoon.
Not just any call. It was THE CALL.
The call form our adoption agency to see what we thought about this little boy they had a file for. This little boy that needed a family.
And in my heart I knew, this was it.
I said yes.
While Leslie was shoveling the driveway and was clueless about the whole thing, I said yes.
The smart lady at the agency gently suggested that I actually, you know, talk to my husband about him and, say, actually review the file before she put us down for a solid yes and locked his file in with us.
But I knew.
This was it.
We now had a son.
A little boy was waiting in China and now, for the first time he was waiting for something definite to happen.
This was the face we saw, the face of our new son:


We would not actually lay hands on him for another 6-7 months. Believe me- those were very long months. 
 Today, he ran about the house eating chocolate chip cookies and playing with one of the fifty kajillion toys he got for Christmas. Today, he found me while I was folding laundry and insisted that I stop and sit down so he could get on my lap and stroke my hair as he sang me a song. Today, he made the "s" sound correctly for the first time in his life.

This is my son today:


My Moosh. Mooshy Pie. Monkey Boy. Lee-UMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment