Saturday, September 7, 2013

Totally My Kid

So there's this thing that's bothered me my WHOLE life. Thing is, I have never, ever mentioned it to another person, not even in one of those, "Hey, tell me ten random facts about you", my sister doesn't know it, my husband didn't know it. It was just one of those little pet peeves that I had that I would remember whenever I watched a particular movie. And then the scene plays out and EVERY time from the age of six or seven, I can never , ever understand why the main character does what she does when there is a much simpler and eco-friendly way to go about the thing (admittedly when I was 6 I didn't know about eco-friendly, I knew about not wasting though).
Now I know you are dying to know what I am talking about right? Like what Movie?? What character??

This movie and the chic in the blue dress and red shoes. And no, it's not the shoe thievery, you do not comprehend what I would do for a pair of ruby slippers, Ms. Gale was ligit on that - plus it was all laws of magic and house flopping and stuff, I can't judge that.
No. Think ahead. They are on the YBR, in the forest and she needs breakfast. She goes up on a little hill, under some apple trees and picks some and starts chomping away. But if you look, bitch has to step around like 5,000 perfectly fine apples already laying there!! She could have just picked up an apple or two and been done with it! She didn't need to pick it off the tree and hurt him and wake him up and wake up the whole grove. Nope. She did not.

Ev and I are driving along a dark highway last night and out of the blue she says, "Hey, Mom? You know what Dorothy does that makes me mad?" And I'm briefly in trouble because I have no FREAKING CLUE who Dorothy is because it's been like a year since she's watched TWoO...
Eventually, I say, "Kid, What makes you so mad?" and, hand to God, she, Evelyn, my 9 year old, born in another country half way around the world, starts going off about old Dot Gale and wasting those apples and making the tree mad. And I was all like "I know RIGHT?!?!" and I was all like just happy, quietly happy. She's totally my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment