Sunday, September 4, 2011

It Has Begun

Last Friday was our first day of school. I will confess to being underprepared and a bit on the unenthusiastic side. Not my student! She was up at the crack of dawn getting ready. Bless her little heart, she had he bed made, her dress on, her hair done and a little bag packed by about 7:45 am. She happily came to the family room and jumped into the school year. I think it's going to be a good year.
Liam remembers the routine a bit and he was a bit easier to wrangle and keep out of her hair as she worked. Ev seems to remember the difference between our regular realtionship and the teacher/student realtionship. I think she is also aware of how close she came to being out into public school this year, so she is rather appreciative.
Les and I will catch up on the planning end as I am deadly serious about not winging it 90% of the time this year. I want to have time to have fun, and have lots of projects and experiments. I mean, we are getting to do Earth Science this year and that thrills the geek hearts that beat in the chest of her father and I!
I do not have a complete list of our curriculum yet, as we are still trying to figure out a few things but I will post about that soon. I do know that in about 3 weeks we are having Family Olympics complete with togas and laurels and Greek food! (shhh! no one tell Ev she doesn't know)
We are also still coming to terms with the environment of our little school as well. I need a good table like surface, some storage and more book shelves. Anyone have any good ideas?

So here she is, my big Second Grader!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so envious that you home school. But I never could. In my dream world I could. But in real life. Nope. For one... I have to earn a paycheck seeing as there is no one else to pay the mortgage but me. Second.. I just don't think I'd have the organization or patience to home school. Oh in my dream world...yes. Wait I said that already. LOL! Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete