Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween So Far





This is our Halloween so far. We have had Boo at the Zoo, a Harvest Festival, a Haunted Hay Ride and one photo session a piece for the kids. Whew!
This IS my favorite time of year though so I tend to do it up like others do up Christmas.
I think I should mention that in order to get pictures ready and sent out, we had to get some pictures of The Mermaid, and due to our crazy schedule, we had a very narrow window to do so. Well, the result was my skinny minnie kid laying on a cold rock getting splashed by waves and whipped about by the wind in 50 degree weather. She was a trooper though- it helped that she desperately wanted pictures of herself as a mermaid- by the sea. The lighting really wasn't ideal either but I thin we managed to get a few that came out ok.
Liam loves to don his dino/dragon outfit and prowl about growling and scaring us all.
The cat is unmoved by any of our shenanigans.

I have no pictures of the festival- I was too busy shoving funnel cake in my face.
We got one very silly picture at the hayride but that's on Leslie's phone. You can take my word for it though- it was fun. It was also very entertaining watching the differences in my kids. Ev spent about 40% of the hayride with her face covered up and Liam spent the whole time on his tip toes happily yelling at all of the skeletons, devils, giant spiders and fiends. I thing the best part for both of them was being able to play in the nearby park after dark though.

Well Trick or Treat is soon and I have a few other surprises up my sleeve but that will all have to wait as we are going to get very busy...
It's also Liam's third birthday tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment