Friday, December 30, 2011

Never Enough Time

Eighteen years.
??????
How did THAT happen?
I mean to say, where did all of that time go?
18 years.
Leslie and I have been married for 18 years tomorrow.
There is quite an awful lot that I could go on and on about concerning our relationship and how we love each other. I really could...
But instead I will tell you this:
Sitting at the lunch table today, Les and I were talking, and the subject of our impending anniversary came up. We kind of looked at each other, a bit stunned and overwhelmed by the "almost 20 years" of this thing we did... have done...are doing... and in this quiet voice, he looks at me and sighs and says,  "Eighteen years. It doesn't feel that long".
And that was the most perfect, most romantic thing that he could have said or done.
And it's true.
It doesn't feel that long.
There is never quite enough time for the two of us to be together.
I feel that way and I know he feels that way and that is quite the bees knees after so many years.






Leslie, I love you more now than on that cold and snowy day 18 years ago. I love this life with you. I love our time together. I love our two crazy kids and mutant cat.
Thank you for these years and all of the ones to come.
Now, can we go play some more Skyrim?


1 comment:

  1. Perfect!! I'm so happy that you found and married your best friend!
    I'll never forget the day I walked thru the kitchen (you guys were eating sandwiches for lunch) I don't think you even looked up.. you simply said.. "Hey.. we're getting married" like it was no big deal. It was so easy for you two because you guys 'got' each other. And you still do.. and thats amazing! I'm glad that Dillon fool stuck around these Cottrills so long. I love you both! Happy Anniversary!!

    Sista

    ReplyDelete