Friday, December 31, 2010

17 years



17 years ago I was a 20 year old girl, dressed in a white gown and walking down the center aisle of  a church. I talked the entire way down that aisle, yes I did, and if you have ever met me, you will have no trouble believing that one.
17 years ago there was this 21 year old fella standing at the front of the church, waiting for me to just get there and take his hand.
For 17 years I have had this guy all to myself. It doesn't feel that long. They say that time flies when you are having fun. They are right.
Not every day is fun. Not every day is sweet and bright. Some of our days have been downright dark and difficult. But, we hold hands and we hang on.
I look at this picture and I think that I was never that young or thin or blissfully ignorant. But there it is. The proof. We both were most definitely that young.
Like Les said earlier, "17 years. And Counting."
I'll take it. I'll take every single moment that I can squeeze out of life.
I will absolutely take all that Heaven will allow.
Because this first bit has been a show stopper.

3 comments:

  1. "but we hold hands and we hang on"

    Beautiful. Happy Anniversary. And Happy New Year! May 2011 and your 18th year together simply shower you with blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. You two.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brought tears to my eyes! Love you guys! Still crazy after all these years!!

    ReplyDelete