Friday, March 23, 2012

The Best Seats In the House

We still miss our old house. It was OURS you see and while we like this new place, it doesn't ever quite compare in our minds. We do ok though, don't get me wrong. And we know that we have some great people and furry ones living in our "old house" (Hi Aunt Kathryn!).
The thing this new house has? The one feature I saw that made me think we could make a go here were the window seats. In each of the small bedrooms, there is a lovely little window seat, all carpeted and right at the front of the house, so they look out onto the front yard. I never said a thing to the kids, I wanted to see what they would make of them.
Evelyn uses hers for reading.
Liam uses his to play with his action figures or he sits and sings out to the world.
Today, while I cleaned the rest of the house, the kids were having "room time" and this is how I found each of them:


It seems they love the window seats, just like I was hoping they would. And I find it funny that they use them for what qualifies as contemplative time. 

Today the windows were flung open and the neighborhood was filled with bird song and the occasional tinkle from Billy's bell as he ranged about. I love that my children can enjoy quiet moments like that.


1 comment: