Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What Was the Middle Part?


  • The kids and I are currently addicted to what they call "Chinese Noodles" for lunch. I have two recipes but really we LOVE the one and tolerate the other when I run out of Sesame Oil. Here they are: Chinese Noodles Number One And our runner up is: Soba Noodles with Sweet Ginger Scallion Sauce or what we call Chinese Noodles Number Two. If I call them anything other than Chinese Noodles , I am looked at as if I have grown another head and they won't eat them.
  • Liam is well into his potty training. I would love to say that he has it down cold but...well..he's kind of an air head. After three or four days of semi-independence with no accidents, he wanted more independence. We gave him that independence and then he started having accidents- like two or three a day! We could not figure out what was going on so we stepped up the surveillance. What we found was this: He would go to the potty, and get on the potty but he would forget to pull his pants down! So he would be on the potty and therefor pee, but then he would notice that his pants were still on but it would be too late! Really! Boys. What can I say?
  • I am feeling lots and lots better recently. I have been on the Synthroid for almost 6 weeks now and I can really tell a difference. It's not perfect, I still have very little stamina and I seem to still desperately need at least 10 hours of sleep and a nap...but my mentation is improving, my personality is coming back and I have new hair growth coming in.
  • We have had several truly beautiful Spring days and I have a terribly hard time making Ev sit in the house working away at Math and Spelling when the world is beckoning to us so strongly... 
  • I haven't been picking up my camera alot lately. I go through phases and the nice weather will get me back in the habit. But really we mostly just do school and the trips for ST and Gymnastics so it's not all that interesting even if my kids are adorable.
  • Ev has only 4 days until her Competition. Her nerves are still jangly but she is practicing hard and following our advice (shocker!) of thinking positive thoughts. Also her friends told her that they too are getting nervous and that helped her to know that she wasn't the only one nervous.
  • Liam is Liam! Right now it's all about the potty, his bike and his pathological need to be every where Sissy is, to have everything Sissy has, to say everything Sissy says- it's funny in a way but I wonder when he will get a bit more independent of her?
  • We bought a new couch today but I have to wait 8 weeks for it to get here. 

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that he was forgetting to pull his pants down. Silly boy! :)

    ReplyDelete