Friday, March 9, 2012

Brevin is Six

A birthday took place. My nephew turned six.
If you had been at the bowling party my sister put on, you would not have thought twice about it. It was you typical, normal, oh so loud and kooky kids birthday party.
There he was amongst his friends and cousins and sisters, smiling big, wanting to bowl more, eat the cake, open presents and all about 3 minutes before his Mommy was ready for that particular activity. He laughed and joked and goofed off with classmates, he was more than happy to open the vast array of gifts brought in.
It was all so very normal and happy.
And that is the part that choked me up, time and time again.
It was all normal.
He was here with us and he turned six.
A normal boy having a normal birthday on an oh so glorious normal day.

He is the first boy in my heart. He is my Brevin. He is klutzy and goofy, funny and wild. He is loved.
Happy Birthday to one of the coolest boys that I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment