Saturday, February 26, 2011

Therapy

It's been a week. A hard week.
We are moving to Jersey in June and I am trying to wrap my head around that fact and secure us a place to live - simultaneously. This is killing my nerves. Mostly because people will advertise a house for rent and then when you contact them, they are selling and want you to wait and call them back in a month or two, you know in case it doesn't sell and they still need you. Ummmm, I don't have that long. We also thought we had one place secured, it was gorgeous and we were pretty excited about it and I got too emotionally attached to it - we were the second string on that one. The folks you string along in case someone else says no. That's a horrible feeling.

Things with Liam are in a rough patch- again. I could write a book here but I won't. He's two and still new to being home. What is left after that? To complain about how I feel? To focus on ME? We all know that it's all about him and Evelyn and how they are managing. So I try to soldier on.

It's hard to keep doing laundry and cleaning and updating and repairing when I know we are leaving. Yeah it's four and a half months away but let's not kid ourselves how fast time will fly. I will wake up one day and the movers will be here and I will pull away from a home and a location that I have loved. And when the car stops I will be a solid 10 hours away from those that I know and love. And yes, it could be worse, we could have been assigned to the other side of the country or Miami. But you know what? I just want to be upset about that 10 hours right now.

I wanted to go to TJ Maxx yesterday, in a bad way. I needed retail therapy. And some time to myself. And a lunch out-by myself. BUUUTTT, there was the weather and bad roads so I was stuck at home.

That's why later on today we are driving over to Mayfield Heights to purchase, not one but two, bookshelves that we don't have the room for.

 I ended up on Craig's List.

Let's call it, "Used Furniture Therapy".

Now I am going to give myself a dose of "Cinnamon Roll Therapy"or maybe "French Toast Therapy".
Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment