Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blammo!!!!

So I had a few options for a blog entry today. You know, cute things the kids are doing. The plans we have for Chinese New Year. I could even talk about the snow.
Let's talk instead about my horrendous, terrible, very bad mood that hit me out of nowhere.
I realize that the mood is probably not out of nowhere. I can kid myself all I want,  but the truth is,  I can only shove down so may stressors before I get a little kooky. A lot kooky even.
I have an incredibly short fuse right now and I am not being the kind of mother or teacher or spouse that I want to be.

Listen. It's all understandable in a way. The new kid, post adoption depression, impending move of doom, nearly two weeks of sickness, car troubles, snowbound, cabin fever, migraines, home schooling and an emotionally needy cat.
There it is.
Except that it's not understandable in many ways. I am healthy (except for that virus), the kids are healthy, the kids are amazing, we will survive this move like we have all of the others, the PAD is resolving, the new kid is adjusting and learning and coping and we love him.

I guess I just feel ...awful. Guilty and housebound and wanting a change but not necessarily the ones that are coming. I want to be better.

I am tired of myself.

In other news.... After a terrible morning of yelling and freaking out. My Social Worker called and we are up for the Post- Adoption report. On Friday.
Oh how sweet and well timed.

No comments:

Post a Comment