Friday, February 18, 2011

Heathens in the Cupboard

The kids have been obsessed with the lazy susan/ turn around-y cupboard lately. I can't keep them out of it and I really don't want to. It doesn't bother me. They sit there and talk and pass canned goods back and forth and I can cook or clean while listening in on their little world.  It's moments like that, with the two of them close and chattering and giggling, asking me random questions and just having them here- it's these moments that I love.
 Here they are. Two kids who survived against all odds. Kids I had to go half way around the world for. Here they are playing with a  box of couscous  and smiling at me when our eyes meet. HERE they are. IN my life. They are here. There is nothing more important than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment