Friday, June 24, 2011

She's Seven









Make video montages at www.OneTrueMedia.com


Today was Ev's Birthday. She is now seven. I am not sure where the time has gone. I seem to remember this tiny little Butter Bean of a girl. She is strong and true, this one. Intelligent and bright. A true treasure of a person. The time that we have had with her has been full of pleasant surprises and that rushing feeling you get in your gut when you are falling, falling, falling in love.

Since her birthday was set to fall just after the big move, we broke the celebration up into two parts. Party and presents and cake with The Smokewood Gang prior to departure and then a special day all for her once we were here. Her party at Grandma's was all about swimming, playing, motorized jeeps, tractor rides, cake, presents and balloons. Her day here with us has been trolley rides, Tea Partying and all things she wanted to do. Sadly the Zoo was closed unexpectedly today and then rain moved in and delayed some beach going but I would say the day has been a success.

 The rain has cleared and we shall go spend the evening on the beach and return home for her favorite- Breakfast for Dinner (aka Pancakes By Chief)

And so, I wish my daughter a very Happy Birthday- and may her seventh year be one full of wonder, amazement, magic and growth. May the fairies visit her, may the mermaids find her on the shore. May there be many more tea parties, skinned knees, new adventures and nights when she is tucked into bed half asleep and a bit in need of a bath. May the fireflies dance about her in the evening. May her heart remain strong and true. May she know, in every moment, that she is well and truly loved. May she continue to see magic and good in this world. May her spirit grow stronger. May her light shine bright in this dark world. May the wisdom of the seventh year of life ebb into her being slow and steady.

I would desperately love to stop her right where she is and keep her like this forever. I would. But the promise of who she will become is so bright and exciting that I must let her grow and let her go a bit more each year, each month, each day
 so that she can be herself, so that she can Become.

I love you Ev.

1 comment:

  1. Must say this is one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read, well said, those are my dreams too for my son!

    ReplyDelete