Saturday, July 30, 2011

Quiet Turmoil

I haven't been blogging too much. Some of it's because we have been "busy doin' nuthin' " as my Mom would say. I mean, how many times can I talk about watching the kids play on the beach?
Because that's what we do. We wake in the morning, lazy about, eat, clean up and play and then we lunch, nap and wait for Papa to come in so we can gear up and head to the shore. Most days we spend the afternoon in the splash pool. On Monday and Wednesday we leave at 3 pm for Gymnastics and make it back home in time for bed.
Really. That's it. I cram in a grocery trip here and there and we hit the library and ice creams stands as life demands. So you see nothing much earth shattering. And this is NOT complaining. It's wonderful. It's a great life. To be able to just meander through the days watching my kids play and grow- I love it. I am very lucky and I know it.

We did have an interesting day on Thursday-4.5 hours of our life spent getting everyone to their new doctors and set up for treatment. Ev has been peeing about every 8 minutes (I wish I was exaggerating) so she went for that. Her urine was "a little dirty" so we are waiting for the culture to come back. We had to get Liam seen so we could begin his Speech Therapy. The Doc wants us to utilize Early Intervention as well as private services because he wants to be aggressive and get as much in as we can right now- we agree, and it was a relief to hear someone else get how far behind he is. It's just that, well, his private therapy will be at least twice a week and it's as faraway as Gymnastics is.

I guess I better get better at cooking ahead and planning lunches. Any ideas there?

Then I have things going on with me personally. Some things have upset me and my reaction is not what you would call mature or even remotely appropriate, but that doesn't change how I feel, how I will, most likely feel forever. And there has been news from my Doc- nothing life threatening, just something that has stripped away my last bit of self esteem and left me a bit broken and crumbled and trying to figure out how I will ever be able to feel like me again.

So there are things happening. Some things are just mundane life. Somethings will get fixed (hopefully) by antibiotics. And some things I will just have to get used to- and those are the things that I don't have the heart to put into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment