Monday, August 8, 2011

Catching Up

  • Last Monday- Ev lost her first tooth. She was so happy and proud. All of the sudden, however, I have to face the fact that she is growing up way too fast. Now she's got that cute little gap and a slight lisp and she is most definitely a 7 year old.
  • Liam is being stubborn about, what I will loosely term, "potty training". All I need for him to do at this point is just inform me when he poos. Nope. Not gonna happen. He knows what to sign and he knows what is expected- he really does and it's beyond not being interested. He is just being stubborn. I am going to sink to bribery- yes I am. It's driving me mad and making me a bit kooky. I mean why would anyone want to walk around with poo in their pants just to spite someone?!?!?! 
  • Homeschooling. Grade 2 is fast approaching and I have alot to do to prepare. It all feels so overwhelming at this point. It will get easier once we jump in with both feet,  but this stage always freaks me out a bit. 
  • We are settling into Jersey life pretty well. We still miss our old house and all of our activities there sometimes. I guess you could say we are in that twilight between places. The old place is fading but the new place hasn't quite filled in the blanks yet. 
  • Personally, I am still struggling with some things. I feel terrible on the inside about who I am and the ravages of pcos on my body. It's been hard and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.
  • My Dad is going back to work after his bilateral total knee replacement. I can't say that I am happy to see him return to what can be a dangerous job with long, and often unpredictable hours but I am certainly happy that he has mended. 
  • I miss Brevin. Terribly. He is starting Kindergarten soon and I so wish I could be there for his first day. My Puppy- heading off into the world. I know my sister must be a wreck, I am, and I am only the Aunt. 
  • Ev is completely and utterly obsessed with all things Mermaid. She is a true believer, that one. 
  • I am off to shower and get ready for an afternoon in the car- the car that has no air conditioning btw- getting Ev to and from Gymnastics. 
  • Ev's gymnastics is totally worth the time, effort and money- she is doing perfect round offs, bridge kick overs and more beam work than ever.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about the PCOS. I had several friends who had it and it was awful.
    My nephew was so stubborn with potty training too. My sister bought him this huge Lego set and it sat in the box in their living room unopened for two months. Every now and then he would ask "Mommy, when do I get to open those Legos?" and she would say "As soon as you stop pooping in your pants." LOL. I still took him a few weeks after that to really get it.

    My car doesn't have air conditioning either and it SUCKS. We live in a pretty temperate climate though so I shouldn't complain. But I like to. :)

    ReplyDelete