Monday, December 6, 2010

Cold Eggs and No Ham or Liam's Bad Morning or What Happens When You Make a Mess to Make Mama Mad

Liam is an eater. The kid can eat. He eats anything and would prefer to be fed every two hours or so with a small snack in between. No kidding. We call him the Hobbit.
When he is the slightest bit hungry and I walk into the kitchen, he looses his mind. He runs in and gets frantic. He yells and gestures to his cups. He drags kiddie bowl after kiddie bowl out of the cupboard. He wraps himself around my legs and whimpers. He bargains, he pleads, he moans, he demands. He stands right in front of the stove and tells me to hurry ( in not so nice language may I add). It's pretty awful sometimes.
We have a new rule. Liam isn't allowed in the kitchen when I am cooking. He is just too ill mannered and it's not very safe trying to cook with a 27 pound hungry, angry, inpatient Hobbit glued to your legs or under your feet. So he stands watch right outside of the kitchen. He still makes all of the bargains and demands but at least I am not tripping over him.
This morning, the eggs were taking their own sweet time getting cooked. Liam was displeased. Liam stood in the doorway and began with the sweet smiles, the bargaining, the bribing. The next stage is whimpering. Then it got ugly and he was banished.
He walked promptly over to where his sister was coloring and deliberately dumped out every single crayon in a 96 pack out on to the floor. Then he walked over and looked at me as if to say, " Ok NOW are you gonna get me my food?" ( His wait up to this point had been less than 4 minutes).
Well, I carried his food to his chair, Ev got her food and dug in but then, oh then, Liam realized that he was going to have to pick up every. Single. Crayon. Before He could eat.
It was awful. The most horrible thing to have ever happened in the history of man. Oh how he wept. Oh how the tears and snot flooded out.
And that is how Liam got cold eggs and no ham for breakfast. This will kill his Aunt and Grandma by the way. They will call and fuss at me for not feeding him the instant his eyes flash open from sleep.


                            Go ahead. Enlarge this first one and get a glimpse of his expression.







Rest assured that he was given breakfast. And alot of it actually, I was just too busy keeping him from cramming it all in his mouth at once to take any pictures. Once he figured out that he really and truly was going to have to clean up his own mess, he got those suckers back in the box in record time.

Oh ! And I started taking the pics just to document his whole "doorway politicking" the whole crayon fit was just a free bonus.

3 comments:

  1. OH THE HORROR!!!!! Those pictures are priceless!!! Love his little outfit and Im thoroughly impressed that your children are completely dressed before breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos! Reminds me of when my third son was little. Oh, the battles we fought! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, get out of my head, will you?

    You and I are living the same life.

    ReplyDelete