Monday, September 10, 2012

Evelyn Figures Out Grown-ups

So this morning I was sitting on my bed, simultaneously applying make-up and making appointments for MRI's and MRA's, while the kids were in Liam's room playing Lego's. Now, there was some pretty in depth political maneuvering going on concerning the building of robots...
Things on my end progressed, and I was deep in thought. I was thinking about how I could tell Les that it was really good news I had a shower before 2 pm today but the down side was that in my drug addled state, I forgot to close the shower curtain all of the way and kind of flooded the entire bathroom and that is kind of an issue right now... and maybe could he miss more work on Wednesday for my MRI/MRA so Ev didn't have to sit in the waiting room all by herself and hey when should I take my morning meds and thus schedule my afternoon shutdown and wow my eyes look really bloodshot and geez I need to pluck and is it really bad to have a Reese PB Pumpkin and a Sprite for breakfast because that is all I seem to really want and on and on for a bit when through the haze I get the heated robot debate sort of phase in and I realize I better do something so ......

Mama: Oh. You know Ev? Building a robot might be a bit too much for him right now 'cause he is kind of little still so maybe you could build him one like yours but with different colors.
Ev: Well. That is Kind of what I had just decided and stated exactly two seconds before you said what you said about building him one. I said, "Okay Liam. You are little so I'll build you one today, I guess. But next month you are on your on as far as robots go" and then you said, "Oh. You know Ev? Building a robot might be a bit too much for him right now 'cause he is kind of little still so maybe you could build him one like yours but with different colors."
Mama: Well, honey, I was sitting in here and I was thinking my own thoughts. Sometimes grownups are thinking about a whole bunch of different things that take up a lot of emotions and brain time and they can hear you but they can't quite listen very closely to every little thing that is happening.
Ev: Oh? Is that was the issue is? That explains a lot. Okay then.

No comments:

Post a Comment