Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Life in Uniform


Well, there it is. "The Dream Sheet" and please believe me, I am using that term ironically.
Dream Sheet. Indeed!

My husband has advanced. It's time to move on, well, getting to be that time anyway. And we have to look at all of the possible locations we could be sent to and we have to research them and each job and decide what we want. It's usually what we want, but this time, the choices are so dismal and far flung, we are left deciding what we can "live with".
Detroit at number 2? Really?!!? Now listen- I am sure there are lots of things about the Detroit area that are great. I am sure there are lovely and fine places to live around there. I just don't want to. OK? I just don't. So that means of Les gets that job he will "geo bach" it.
Geo-bach-ing is this awful circumstance where in the military member moves to the new location and his or her family stays in the old location and they see each other once a month or so - that all depends on what the job actually is.
Miami?!?! What?!!?
These are not locations/jobs/choices I would have EVER thought would be on any "dream sheet" we ever did.


This all pretty much blows chunks.

I don't even have the heart to call my family and tell them our top 5 like I always do. They can read it here and weep and then find something, anything,  nice and encouraging to say and then they can call me and be Fakey McFakersons about it.

Eff this noise.

1 comment:

  1. If you guys end up in Baltimore you should definitely watch The Wire before going. And as for Detroit...well, there's KISS and Ted Nugent and Eminem.

    ReplyDelete