Friday, October 14, 2011

Things I Have Learned This Week


  • The only thing more painful than stepping on a tiny Ninja sword with bare feet would be to step on a real Ninja sword with bare feet.
  • You can actually see blood come out of your own ears when the number of times you hear "Mama?" in a day reaches into the gazillions.
  • My husband can fix the hell out of the washer.
  • It's ok to isolate myself when I am grumpy. It seems everyone can, and will survive without me. At least for a little while.
  • I drink way too much Caffeine Free Diet Coke.
  • I will probably not address the "too much Coke" thing as it's one of my only vices.
  • We can make it through a whole week with eating out only once.
  • The kids actually like it when you take the easy route and give them pbj's for lunch.
  • I am inordinately proud of my kids. Both of them. They are just nice, well behaved kids and I like being around them.
  • I need to get more Art into our life.
  • You can ignore that voice in your head that keeps telling you that you want Dunkin' Donuts and it will go away.
  • If you are tired of your 2 year old waking up 5 times a night, you can give him a pre-bedtime speech and just tell him to stop crying when he wakes up and to go back to sleep. And he will do it. (At least for one night so far).
  • My two year old has been scamming me and doesn't really need a night light.
  • 30 Rock may be the funniest show ever.
  • I am shameless-ly obsessed with Dr. Who and Torchwood. 
  • I really need about an hour a day that is all my own.
  • Seven year old girls are complicated little beasts. This is called " Cosmic Foreshadowing". 
  • I may not survive my daughter's teen years with my sanity intact. But I will go out loving her and trying my best not to strangle her. 
  • Stepping on matchbox cars is nearly as painful as stepping on ninja swords and you get a bonus ankle twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment