Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas is Coming?

If you have been following along, we are in southwest Florida now and this is our first winter down here. Inside of one week of being down here I realized that I loved it and I might not ever want to leave. Then the cooler months started and know I know, for sure that I want to stay. All of my family and friends up north are freezing their butts off and I'm down here in shorts and tank tops, swimming in December and enjoying the hell out of it.
Les and I do quite a bit of teasing to those folks back home because well, we're assholes and its one of the few pleasures life affords us. Also they would all be doing the same thing to us if they had half a chance. That's why there are lots of FB pics of us swimming still and pics of Les on his lap top in shorts on the boat dock...to tease them all but also because its all just so weird to us. 
Les just took that picture this past weekend, after we sat in a gym competition listening to Christmas music playing. We walked out into 80 degree humid air with tropical flowers blooming. So weird. The kids keep asking about the Christmas tree and the decorations and each time it catches me off guard because its like...hot and there are palm trees and we are swimming and beach going...
So I guess we will put up a tree and try to get in the spirit of things but our Christmas will be all green and humid and tropical this year and other than the odd sensation of my Christmas never being that way before- I'm positively a-ok with it because I am not freezing my ass off and shoveling a shit ton of snow!!!! My gawd I love Florida.


No comments:

Post a Comment