Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Hi My Name Is Michal and I'm Not Sure What My Sleep Number Is But I'm 'Bout to Find Out

Despite the fact that my husband I should be making no major purchases for like...ever. It became painfully obvious that we needed a new mattress. I'm not sure what the best indicator was; the fact that the one we were sleeping on was older than our daughter, that my hips would go painfully numb and cause me to toss and turn about 5,673 times a night, the lower back pain from the bad support that was leading into back spasms during the day, or the fact that once made during the day you could see huge, adult sized divots under the quilt. Any way you wanted to slice the pie, it was time to pony up for a new mattress.

We went "looking" one night. We decided to start at the Sleep Number store because it was close to where we were and I was interested in them as we know several people who have one and who rave about them. I laid on one of their beds for 15 seconds and knew in my black soul that I had to have one and that I would do just about anything to get one. So I lay there wondering to myself exactly how I was going to maneuver my husband into this huge purchase, not knowing that he was about .32 seconds ahead of me on the whole "Holy Shit I gotta get me one of these!" spectrum.

Today my Sleep Number Bed was delivered, and while there is some buyer's guilt, worry and remorse, all I have to do is stroll into my bedroom, lay down upon the wondrously amazing comfort that is my new bed and it all just floats away.

And now I have a whole new set of goals in life as illustrated by the above chart (click on it to enlarge). I might just have what it takes for this one. (cue the Rocky theme)

No comments:

Post a Comment