Friday, April 8, 2011

It's My Life

Here I sit, in my home, in the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio. I am a stay at home mom. I homeschool. Both of my children are as far removed from me biologically as you could get, I suppose. I have a cat that is part dog, part cat and part bird and he has 23 toes. My husband is a military man. I have been a nurse. I have lived in New York and Alaska. I have travelled to China. 
This life I am living? It in no way resembles what I thought my life would be like years ago. If you had asked me in my twenties to describe my life, I would have gone on and on about my nursing career. I would never have even mentioned Alaska as a viable option for living. I would have told you that my kids would go to school and day care and all of that. 
I would have never, ever been able to guess where life was going to lead me.


In this life I have, my days are measured out and framed in by the needs of a boy and a girl.


This is Liam watching Ev chop strawberries while signing that he is hungry.

I spend long moments of each day just looking at these two children and getting lost in their faces.



I spend long hours just trying to make school fun and interesting and keep Ev challenged.


Every single thing I do is interrupted by the "Watch me Momma's" .


I get to listen to the sound of little giggles. I get to remember how the sun on my face made me feel when I was young. 


I get offered sweet, heartfelt gifts of cheerios and the like. 

I get to dress these two up and take them out in the world and walk proudly with them at my side. 

And some days it all feels like too much. Too  many meals need preparing. Too many messes need cleaning. There are lesson plans and baths, fights to settle. I DO work, long 12 to 14 hour days where I move from one activity to the next and I get tired. Oh so tired. I get sick. I get down.
But I would not change this life for the world. 
I love my life. 
I love my children.
 I love my husband. 
This life is a good life. No. A great life. 
I never really do anything that the world would consider important. I'm okay with that. What I do and how I spend my days seems really important to two small people.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...this is my life too:) Even on a very frustrating day, I can look back during my quiet time and reflect on the sweet moments of the day. What a beautiful family you have:)

    ReplyDelete