Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ellen

Last night around ten p.m., my Aunt Ellen passed away.
She was not just a good woman, she was the best person I have ever met. She was gentle and kind and all good things. She was generous and soft. In all my life I never saw her look nothing than her best, I never saw her without her jewelry and her make-up. I never heard her raise her voice to anyone, not for any reason, not anger or frustration.
She never smoked a day in her life but lung cancer is what took her away from us.
I never had the chance to spend as much time with her as I wanted. She has been a beacon to me my whole life.
I loved her dearly.
I will miss her.

I have seen that woman take the shoes off of her feet to give to someone whom she thought needed them more than herself. I have seen her take the jewelry off of her body and hand it over to a family member because they admired it.

Please believe that she was good through and through and this world will be less because she is gone.

2 comments: