Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chile Surprise

If tonight's dinner turns out, it will be a Blessed Miracle.
I am making my mother-in-law's recipe for Chile. This is my absolute favorite Chile recipe as there are no green peppers, but instead you get to add celery and worcestershire sauce. It's simple, easy, cheap and it's delicious.
However, I THOUGHT I was out of worcestershire sauce. So I kind of compensated for that with a few other things.
Then I FOUND the darn worcestershire sauce.
So I added some.
Then I forgot I added it and added some more.
So I had to add a bit more tomato sauce.
And I MAY have been a little heavy handed with the chili powder.
So who knows.
I managed to potentially mess up the easiest recipe in my arsenal.

Sadly,  it's not the first time....

One time I accidentally used soy sauce instead of the w. sauce. We called that one Shanghai Chile and it was surprisingly edible and even--I would dare say--enjoyable.

Maybe I can distract the crew from the doctored up, corrected and re-corrected chile with some corn bread muffins. Man, I hope I get those right.




There it is, bubbling away and turning into God Knows What. 



1 comment: