Friday, April 15, 2011

Just Things

  • Liam had finally learned enough signs to put together two and three word sentences!
  • I took Ev to get her haircut and THIS girl did a great job. The last girl- not so much. The last girl took her bangs way too far out to the edge and now we have to grow out these little pieces on each side of her face. I am very frustrated by this as I make sure to take her to an expensive  reputable Salon. 
  • On a lark I did a full face of make-up on Ev today. The way she looks with make-up on really makes me afraid for her teen years and beyond. Can we say gorgeous?
  • Liam comes running and starts dancing every time I put The Cure on. Needless to say we have been listening to alot of The Cure lately.
  • The loss of my Aunt Ellen has left me feeling bereft and rudderless. Her funeral is Tuesday and we will travel to Indiana to say goodbye. 
  • I really need to get to the grocery store but I just can't stomach it right now. 
  • I worry constantly about my parents these days. 
  • My Dad is in terrible pain right now with his knees and he's waiting for his surgery date to get bilateral knee replacements. That's right- he's getting both done at once. I am not sure if I should stand back in awe or if I think he's gone completely round the bend. 
  • My Mom has lost her brother David and a very precious Aunt- within six months. I know that her heart is bruised and her souls is tattered. And I want to help but I feel so helpless.
  • My Mom has terrible health issues and she is not the best about taking care of herself or being assertive with her Doctors. I know that she could have a better quality of life if she would only consider herself as important as we do. This is a touchy situation and she will probably get mad about me saying something about it on the blog. Sorry Mom. 
  • Ev is utterly and completely fascinated with the soundtrack to the episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer that was a musical. I may have to risk letting her watch that episode just so she can stop asking me questions about it on an endless reel. 
And finally I overheard the following ridiculousness yesterday:

E: I am a Slayer! A Vampire Slayer!
(various running about and additional proclamations)
E: Liam! Liam! You rotten thing!!! You rotten vampire!! You killed my father, prepare....prepare....Prepare to be sat on!!!!!!
(scuffle)
L: Oomph! Mom!!! Mama!!! Mom!
E: Hush you rotten thing!

And that friends is what happens when your six year old meshes vampire hunting and The Princess Bride. I think I get parent of the Year for that.


1 comment: