Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sol

The sun came out today. We are having a much needed day of warmth and sun and fun in the backyard. I can not begin to tell you what a difficult winter this has been- emotionally, physically, spiritually and couple all of those things with a long drug out winter- well, it was rough. I found myself waking up last week to one gray and cold day after the next,  and I would stand at my big window upstairs and I would sigh and wonder if I was ever going to get to feel the renewal that Spring brings.
The kids were going bonkers as well. The cat was walking about listlessly and yowling his displeasure to the world.
So we needed this.
And it happened on Sunday. Our enforced day of resting and just being at home with no schedule, no naps, no school. The kids have been out back now for about 5 hours straight. They even had lunch out there. The bikes are out. The scrapes and bumps that come with rough and tumble outdoor play have already made an appearance. The ice cream truck came by and we sat on the back stoop enjoying a cool treat together.

No matter what tomorrow brings, we had our day in the sun today and we are so much the better for it.









All of these pics were taken with my new camera. A Pentax K-r, the best surprise a picture taking, bloggin mama could ever want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment