Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bullets

  • I decided to do a "Kitchen Week" with Ev in school. It's a way to reward her and keep schooling at the same time. You see, she adores the kitchen. I have never seen her so excited. 
  • I have added in a bunch of science experiments with her week of Kitchen Witchery and she is starting to "feel just like a real Scientist".
  • Everyday we end Kitchen Week with a cheer, it goes like this "I am a Kitchen Witch!! I am a Scientist!! I am a girl!! I can do anything!!!"
  • She is cooking at least one of the meals each day this week. Last night she cooked dinner and it was really, pretty good. My favorite part was her face splitting smile of pride and accomplishment.
  • Liam had been testing Papa lately. It's kind of fun being the one not getting pushed to the limit. 
  • I have the house decorated for Easter but, it's one of my least favorite holidays and my decoration stash reflects that fact. As Ev put it, "Well that's ok but...don't you have anything else?"
  • I am recovering from Strep. Man, that's a nasty bug. I feel like I got hit by a truck and kind of like a Victorian Lady with some sort of exhausting, lingering illness.
  • The new season of Dr. Who is starting soon and I can not wait. Also I know that Neil Gaiman was involved in an episode and that is gonna rock this geek's world!
  • Special K is just hours or minutes away form her referral! She has waited too damn long to see the face of her daughter. So stop by and send her some love. Special K and her Baby!
  • I am hauling my tired, sick self out for a hair cut and dinner with Jodi tonight. I desperately need both the haircut and the time with my friend.
  • Leslie did the laundry this week. That was sooooo nice. I didn't realize how much I stress and fret over that mountain of crap in the basement.
  • My cousin, Sarah, is graduating from college. She is Magna Cum Laude ! In Nursing!! I am so very proud of her. 
  • Liam has learned his right from his left. I think that's pretty cool.
  • I am off to lay across the couch to recover form today's round of cooking, kitchen math and science experiments.
And now for some random pictures......

These shoes are at Target right now. Ev NEEEDS them. (She's a size 8 Grandma- hint hint)


 I think I have posted this one before, but he's so damn cute. I love that Coastie of mine.


 I was trying to get a pic of Liam in full on laugh mode. Almost got it.....
And the most handsome-est, kitty in the Universe.

2 comments: