Monday, May 23, 2011

Friend

This is Jodi.
For 14 years we have been friends. That means that she has been here at my side almost as long as my husband has. She does not gush. She does not expound on her feelings. It's like this: If she shows up- if she's there- she loves you. And once Jodi loves you? You would have to be absolutely horrible for a very long time for her to even CONSIDER rethinking her stance on how she feels for you. And once she loves you, anything or anyone you love happens to fall under that vast umbrella of her love and loyalty.

That means that she loves my kids. Hands down. No questions asked.


It's not often in life that you are handed the opportunity for such friendship. So I am pretty grateful all around for Jodi.

This move will take us apart again. 10 hours drives, e-mails, and phone calls over the long miles will be how we tend this friendship now for awhile. The easy access we have enjoyed over these past three years is coming to a close. I will be without my friend close by and I am unsure how to proceed without her. But knowing Jodi, it won't matter. She and I will plug along and every time we meet, it will be as if no time has passed.
But I will sure miss our evenings out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment