Friday, May 6, 2011

While She Schools

I think the whole entire house rejoices when I call a special day off for Ev from school.
She works so very hard and diligently most of the time and that means that we really get high quality education for the time that we spend around the dining room table.

I really don't know how she manages to concentrate. I mean look at her plugging away at that worksheet, while just at her feet, temptation beckons....


Everybody mills about and waits for her to be done. I mean everybody. Now I can and do, give Liam activities of his own. I try to keep the cat away. It's just that Ev is so universally adored by all members of the household, that they just sit in limbo most of the time she is in school. I try to split MY school time between teaching her and entertaining the boys. But some days I lack the inspiration and energy to do so.
So, the boys just wait...
And wait....
AND WAIT...
...until school is done and they can all play games under the strict supervision of The Butter Bean. My OCD having, fussing, controlling and yet, adored little girl. She takes those boys in hand and has them hopping in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment