Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well, here we are. The first snow has fallen and has left a crisp white dusting over everyone's leaf piles. When I walked outside today and took a deep breath of the fresh air, I got that unmistakable sting in the nose that warns of winter coming. Time to settle in, snuggle down and wait it out.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a very nice Thanksgiving, made bittersweet by thinking about our upcoming move and  not knowing where we will find ourselves next holiday season. We spent the actual Turkey Day at home, sort of puttering about and taking it easy. The next day we went to Smokewood and celebrated with my family. On Saturday, we drove on down to Columbus to visit Aunt Rae and the gang. We spent the entire time with good food, great company and completely enjoyable conversation.

I have not been picking up my camera as much lately. This has been going on for awhile now, as I was completely disappointed in our Halloween pictures. I guess I spend too much time tending the two kids and not enough time forcing them to pose for the camera. This is all an elaborate way to say, "I didn't get many pictures at Thanksgiving." I really didn't. Not one picture with a single adult, not one snap of the turkey or the dinner, not a single frame taken at Aunt Rae's!!! What was I thinking?  It was Liam's first Thanksgiving after all AND the first time that he met Rae, Jeff, Scott and Audrey. Well, I will just have to get better. I did force The Terrific Trio to sit still in Grandpa's big recliner for a few pictures, but to be quite honest they were BAD (the kids) and I nearly strangled them (yes, still referring to the kids).

I will have to get back in the swing of picture taking. Until I do, here are a few that I managed to get.




1 comment:

  1. Wait..what? Move? Did I miss that somehow? Are you leaving our great state? If you are...we really to have to get our sh*t together and meet up before then!

    Oh and love the pics. Especially the two in the chair together.

    ReplyDelete