Friday, December 10, 2010

High Points

  • I went visiting the other day. I discovered that my Aunt Mickey's furniture is made of titanium because just sort of accidentally, barely kicking her chair will break your toe. 
  • My cooking and baking skills are on the fritz! Does this happen to anyone else? You just CAN NOT get any thing right in the kitchen for awhile? BUT it's Christmas and I want to bake and cook my heart out and I want it all to be scrummy and lovely for my family. I just seem to be messing everything up.
  • I think my house is lovely with soft Christmas votives glowing away in small corners.
  • We are going after the tree tomorrow. Ev knows this and will be up at the crack of dawn ready to go.
  • At the end of the month I will have been married to Les for 17 years. It feels like just yesterday....
  • The sight of two kids running about in Santa hats carrying stars and moose and bells, well there is nothing better. Nothing. There were two of them! Two kids in my house!!! At Christmas.
  • This time last year we were still struggling with paper work and wondering who our fourth person would be.
  • We will begin ST soon for Liam. He was assessed at a 6-9 month level. No surprise to me and the therapist was confident that we could get him caught up.
  • We all sat and watched Charlie Brown for the first time this season. I never get tired of that tradition.  
  • Also while visiting I remembered that my big, huge, loud, crazy family has some wonderful people in it. I also remembered that Aunts and Uncles and Cousins are among the most special people that you can have in your life.
  • My new addiction are these blueberry and acai berry things. They are covered in dark chocolate and I am eating them all day.
  • I get a bit sappy this time of year. It's true. 

1 comment:

  1. I always love your introspection. You're a beautiful writer.
    And yes, yes, yes. I do have those times where nothing goes right in the kitchen. They suck. I think I'll never be able to cook again. And then they pass. I had a bit of an episode this week too (hence the lack of blog posts) but have high hopes for the next few days! Can't wait to see you this week.

    ReplyDelete